Thursday, November 23, 2006

It just gets better...

Check out the cover of the new Quilters Companion magazine.

That is my quilt!! I knew that it would be published in this issue, but I didn't know that it would be on the cover. What a thrill! I haven't actually seen the magazine yet, only on the website. I hope to have one soon. You can bet that my mother will be carrying it around in her handbag and showing it to complete strangers in the street.

I feel on top of the world right now. I took a big risk this year. I took a year away from a teaching position to 'have a go' at being a quilter. I was certain that I would bankrupt us, be responsible for all sorts of bad luck etc etc. But from this side of the year it life feels quite wonderful. Maybe fortune does favour the brave.

2 comments:

Erica Spinks said...

Way to go Tracey! Now you are a cover girl as well as a calendar girl - congratulations.

kirsten said...

Hey, congratulations!!! Yee ha! The cover, no less.