Saturday, February 03, 2007

Miserable, the day of pyjama

Today I have worn my pyjamas all day. Well two pairs, actually. I had a shower and found more pyjamas. I have a lousy virus...a scratchy throat and a croaky voice. I knew I was going to lay down all day, so why get dressed! My sister called in and I told her it was a pyjama party.

My very clever sister is making me a fantastic header for my blogger. It is only a draft, and it is missing some essential components (my head), but it's so exciting that I am giving you a preview.



Isn't that cool!! She is very clever with photoshop. She uses brushes and cut outs that she downloads from digital scrapbooking sites. She calls this look pink princess grunge. That sounds just like me. Hopefully I will be able to work out how to add it to my site and you will see it in a few days.

She also made me the picture that I am using for the cover of my Block of the Month pattern. Today I finished typing it up. I am really proud of it. It has fabulous styling, lots of diagrams to go with all of the instructions and a cutting and packaging guide for the stores. It is called Sails by the Sea and is suitably masculine - not many quilts out there for our boys.



Now I'm going back to bed. It is still raining and I'm dressed to spend my time reading...perfect.

5 comments:

Stomper Girl said...

Rest up! How miserable to be so sick. Glad at least you got to mooch around in your pjs, and didn't have to soldier on with codral.

The boysie quilt is great. Good on you for catering to the boys. I love bright colours for boys and it is hard work to indulge that love because whoever's in charge of these things decreed that boy colours were navy blue, grey and brown. Sometimes they get the bright primary colours but only in combination with one of the blahs, to tone it down I assume. Notfairnotfairnotfair.

If you want instructions on putting up your new blog header (which looks very fab by the way) email me (via my blog) and I'll send them.

Anonymous said...

I'm very happy to help you tweak your new header too (don't miss my Blogger banner tutorial !). Hope the PJs help you get better quickly.

meggie said...

Can you catch a virus via computer? I think we are getting your blah sickness too. GOM is coughing & spluttering, & my throat has been sandpapered in the night!

Love that Male Quilt!

Anonymous said...

Love the new quilt. You're right - there isn't a lot out there for boys. Your header looks great. Looking forward to seeing it up in the next few days. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Tracey Petersen said...

Feeling much better today, but sent two miserable kids off to school - I am half expecting a phone call to pick one/both up at some point through the day.
I agree with you stomper about the boy selection being drab.Camouflage print and taupe- yuk.
Thanks for your header advice and compliments.
Look after yourself Meggie.