Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Frenzy

Our Christmas frenzy has ended.

We spent an entire day baking.



I made shortbread. We have a Scottish heritage, so this is a Christmas essential. The recipe is a family one which was told to me by my great-aunt. It can only be told and not written down. She also said that to do it properly I had to do it all by hand. What! Cream butter and sugar without an electric beater? I do not follow this rule, however quaint it may be.

My daughter made pavlova and we made vanilla cakes in Christmas tree molds and iced them with green icing. By the end of the day sugar was oozing from my very pores.

Christmas Day was calm, but we didn't stay still for long. Breakfast here, lunch with my husband's family, dinner at my sister's. Yesterday was the first chance my children had to really look at their gifts.

I spent the entire day yesterday reading a book, from start to finish. It was a blissful way to spend my time. You can imagine the state of my house today! Oh well, mess always waits for us. We'll get to it!

I hope that everyone had a restful and peaceful few days. Thanks goodness it only happens once each year!

1 comment:

شركة نقل عفش بنجران said...

شركة نقل عفش بنجران من افضل شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بمدينةنجران بخصومات كبيره للعملاء ارخص اسعار سيارات نقل الاثاث بنجران